Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
germgerm222  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:57:16 PM(UTC)
germgerm222

Groups: Registered

I got this GE dryer about 5 months ago used, and it worked fine until 1 week ago. Out of nowhere it started to make a really loud roar noise while running. It makes the noise anytime its running (full or empty). I took it apart and the felt around the drum was tangled and old. The drum slides needed replacement too. I figured this was the cause and ordered new slides and felt. Replaced them, but still get a roar. Took it apart again and everything looks fine but the rear bearing. The sleeve drum listed as part 3106 here: Drum replacement parts for General Electric DPSR405EA1WW Electric dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

is worn and old. And I dont see any signs of an o-ring. Could this be causing my roar sound? Something makes me think this wouldnt make such a noise. If so, should I replace it with the "bearing kit" which comes with shaft, bearing, and mounting hardware

or

Just buy the sleeve drum? (less money, and I think the shaft is fine)

p.s. I know nothing about dryers

Thanks,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.