Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrwto  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:34:37 PM(UTC)
mrwto

Groups: Registered

i found water on the floor and the washer had an "ob" error. i took off the top of the machine, removed the "tub ring assy" and under that i saw that the "balance ring" was waring away, rubbing the "ring tub assy". i ordered the two parts, but the question i have is there another part bad that will cause the "balance ring" to rub on the "tub ring assy". i hate to install the new parts and have them rub away on the first wash. can anyone help me?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:47:21 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think it is more likely the balance ring came loose, but check out the suspension parts. Here is the user manual

https://secured.whirlpoo...4632a4/$FILE/8178010.pdf
mrwto  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 8:16:13 AM(UTC)
mrwto

nope..... it didn't come loose, i wish it was that easy.

pulled upa and down, side to side on the tub, it's not loose / no play, so i'm assuming the u-joint is good.

any ther ideas?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 9:15:53 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, unfortunately without being there to see it (and being there to see it might not shed any light on the situation anyway since you seem to be competent and know what you are doing) I can only suggest replacing it and watching carefully to see if the problem recurs.

It may have been defective from the beginning and hopefully the replacement will work out well.
mrwto  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 6:20:56 AM(UTC)
mrwto

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']OK, it turns out that I have multiple problems. First I got the “ob” error and the machine wouldn’t finish it’s cycle. I removed the top of the washer, found that the Balance Ring is rubbing on the Tub Ring. So I ordered the parts and replaced them. Started the washer and now I got a “ld” error. I went through the manual troubleshooting section of the service manual and found that the pump wasn’t pumping. After removing about 15 gal of water and was able to tilt the washer on it’s side enough so I can remove the bottom cover, I found that one of the retainer clips that holds the pump to the motor broke. I ended up taking a couple of plastic tie wraps and securing the pump to the motor. I put the washer back together and now everything works. My wife did about 3 loads of laundry and now I have another problem. I have a small amount of water leaking from under the washer now. Does anyone have any idea what will cause this.[/FONT]
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 6:42:16 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Wow, you have had some problems, but sounds like you have been able to get on top of them. That's good work.

On this machine the leak could be the tub, but more likely it is the pump or the hoses to the pump or the place where the hoses connect to the pump (the likely one). I suspect that in working with the pump you loosened the connections, but cannot be sure without being there.

You will have to watch it while it is running to see exactly where the leak is coming from.

Good luck, hope this is the last of the problems.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply