Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bounette77  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:29:25 AM(UTC)
bounette77

Groups: Registered

I have a kitchenaid KAWE777BWHO top load washer that was shaking badly during it's wash. Then i noticed that the clothes were coming out of the wash still dripping wet. The nob would go through the whold cycle though. Now after sitting there with it through a whole cycle I see that the washer is not agitating or spinning. Pretty much just filling, sitting, and then draining.:(
I know nothing about fixing appliances but I am mor ethan willing to give it a try if i feel secure in the info. and help given.
anyone?
thanks so much, in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bounette77  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:46:10 AM(UTC)
bounette77

please help guys. I really don't want to have to purchase another machine. How do I know what is the problem with my washer ? I don't think I hear the motor going during the spin cycle. I'm really not sure though. I hear something but i think that just the noise from the water draining out.

please help!!!!:confused:
richappy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:17:28 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Probably just a busted coupler. Do the tranny coupler test in my sticky "replacing direct drive washer brake shoes" to verify you have no other problems like brake shoes sticking.
bounette77  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:42:54 AM(UTC)
bounette77

richhappy, thanks so much for your reply. I followed the advice given b4 and opened up the washer and I was going to replace the coupler.There is a great how-to video on youtube that I followed.:) I took the coupler out and it looks fine. not broken, cracked, or anything. When I turned the coupler counter clockwise on the tranny only the blue thing in the middle of the drum turned. Not the whole drum. Is that right ? it did turn very easily though. I am not sure where to find the brakes to check and see if they are rubbing or something.
where should I go from here ?:confused:
bounette77  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:03:58 AM(UTC)
bounette77

also, I put the machine back together thinking that maybe the coupler just came out of place or something. I started a cycle once it was together and it filled, then the agitator started for about 15 seconds then stopped. I really would love to conquer this thing without having to call someone else to do the job. anyone?
bounette77  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:17:02 AM(UTC)
bounette77

I took everything off again and did the test because i thought i did it counter-clockwise the first time. anyways i tried it both ways. counter, it did not move. when i turned it clockwise it moved for about the first 4 turns, then it did not move anymore. and again. only the agitator moved. is the drum supposed to move also? I really don't know what to do now.
Please help!!!!:(
richappy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:44:33 PM(UTC)
richappy

You may have a bad tranny. Pull the pump and stick an adjustable wrench on the exposed motor shaft and turn clockwise. If very hard to turn, you have something jamed in there and you will need to pull the tranny out to check.
bounette77  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:47:49 PM(UTC)
bounette77

I read in someone elses post that they were having my same roblems and it was their lid switch. does that sound like a possibility for mine ?
richappy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:47:06 PM(UTC)
richappy

Motor will not run with lid switch problems. It now seems like your motor is overheating and shutting down. Does the motor get very hot??
bounette77  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 3:55:17 AM(UTC)
bounette77

there was a user on here that posted yesterday and i asked them about what they did. they were having the same problems as I am. They siad that it was their lid switch. now their washer is running fine. again, theirs was running just like mine, just not agitating and spinning.
i have not noticed any hottness with the motor but then again i was not looking for it.
can i just test the lid switch by using something to hold it down all the way and running it through a cycle?