Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LSchm  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2008 12:09:49 PM(UTC)
LSchm

Groups: Registered

One of the igniters on our range (one of the four top burners) is cracked and needs to be replaced. I have already ordered and received it.

In my inital effort to remove the burner in order to replace the old igniter, one (1 of 3) of the sheet metal screws holding the burner in place sheared off:mad: at the screwhead. At this point I stopped to ask your advice.:D

1.) What is the proper way to replace the igniter on this range? :confused: From the top of the range? I do not see any other way? This was as I was trying to do when the screw broke off. Should I be spraying penetrating oil on the screw heads before removal?

2.) What should I do about the broken screwhead? :confused: Ignor or totally remove the burner (Again, how to do?) and use an e-z-out to remove the broken screw and re-attach?

Your advice would be really appreciated! Thank you for the help!:)

LSchm
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.