Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jfh1@bellsouth.net  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 12:56:20 PM(UTC)
jfh1@bellsouth.net

Groups: Registered

You have the burners I need for my jenn air stove top, however I saw on the internet that a special tool was needed to remove the old ones, it looked like an oversized oil filter wrench, but it said it was no longer available. Can you advise on how to replace the burners, they are the solid metal ones from over 12 years ago.:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 7:51:11 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It shouldn't be a problem. Take a look at the diagram below (I'm not sure what type of a cooktop you have. I did a back search from part number of the element and came up with a model number for a solid element module, as pictured on the diagram below). Remove the screws that surround the module, then carefully remove the top glass, disconnect the wires from each element (note which wire goes where!) and remove the elements using the diagram below.

Jenn-Air had discontinued the entire module assembly for solid type elements, but they do have a glass top module with radiant elements. If you really like the solid elements, then by all means fix the old module. But if it doesn't matter much, radiant elements are much better (in my opinion). They're almost as fast as gas to heat up and pretty fast to cool down, so you'll have much better control. Anyway, if you're interested, check out the radiant module:

- Jenn-Air radiant module black model
- Jenn-Air radiant module white model

UserPostedImage
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply