Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aelst  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 5:29:21 PM(UTC)
aelst

Groups: Registered

My Bosch dishwasher in the past week has started running for a very long time. Water is not draining out, apparently during the rinse cycle. The problem does not seem to be a clogged pipe because when I hit the "cancel drain" buttons, the water quickly drains out of the dishwasher. Any advice?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

roadworrier  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 10:18:23 AM(UTC)
roadworrier

I have the same problem.
The dishwasher fills, washes and heats OK but will not drain. I can get the pair of flashing lights which set up the test sequence but pushing the two buttons a second time to actually start the test has no effect.
I have measured the drain motor resistance at 10.5 ohms (should be 16.5 according to manual - shorted turns?). There is no sign of voltage at the pump at any stage in the program. The drain is clear of any obstruction.
I suspect the control module is damaged but I'm reluctant to put in a new one if there is an existing pump motor fault which will damage it as well.
I'm going abroad for some time shortly and my Julia Child will be unimpressed if I can't get it going for her soon!
Any advice would be very welcome.
bstadtherr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:13:32 PM(UTC)
bstadtherr

Anyone have ideas here? I'm having trouble and I'm at my wits end. Checked the hose. Checked the drain. Ran the diagnostics. Watched it through complete cycles (it tends to work correctly when I'm watching) but it will not drain at the end of the cycle. I can drain it manually and it empties fine. Finally out of desperation I replaced the drain pump and the fill/flow sensors. Still same result. It drains manually but always has water in it at the end of the cycle.:eek:
roadworrier  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:00:08 PM(UTC)
roadworrier

Hi,
Subsequent to my posting I found (embarrassingly) a mechanical blockage but not before I had invested in a brand new control unit - which I hope I will never need now.
If you post your exact model number and this unit is the right one we may be able to reach and arrangement. The control unit is in Orange Ca.
Roadworrier
bstadtherr  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:26:45 PM(UTC)
bstadtherr

I have an SHU66C06 and the control unit is AP2834006
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply