Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JenSed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:23:28 PM(UTC)
JenSed

Groups: Registered

I recently bought/rescued (thru Ebay) a Jenn-Air Pro Range JDS9860AAP.

Upon taking it apart to clean it I found that it had been ravaged by a horde of electrical and insulation munching mice!

Not wanting to light myself/house/neighborhood on fire I unplugged the circuit board and various wires to clean and replace the damaged assemblies.

Anyone have access to a wiring or repair manual for this model?? I've spoken to numerous parts suppliers AND the manufacturer with no success while in search of repair instructions/diagrams.

I just want to be sure I plug everything back in correctly- I took photos before I disconnected the electrical, but some views were obstructed, and most of the insulation had been carried off for nesting so I don't know exactly where its missing from!

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 6:56:05 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome to the forum, JenSed.

Here is the wiring diagram for JDS9860AAP. Would you like the repair manual? Yes? Here you go. ;)
JenSed  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 7:28:25 AM(UTC)
JenSed

Thanks so much, I've been looking for this information for weeks. Now I just need to find an someone who can decipher wiring drawings if I get stuck with the reassembly. At last, a light at the end of the range repair saga...
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 9:11:36 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

No problem JenSed,

While it may be pretty difficult for anyone to help you with the diagrams remotely, you can learn how to read them using the resources mentioned on this page. Go slow, double check everything and then check again before turning the power on. Sounds like you've got a pretty good deal on this otherwise expensive Jenn Air model, so it's probably worth investing a little time and patience. Good luck.
JenSed  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 6:03:20 PM(UTC)
JenSed

When I took off the burner assemblies and pans to clean up the stove I found a fair amount of insulation scattered across the top surface. I took a pix of the top of the stove after I cleaned it up- and I'm trying to figure out if the insulation bits I found belonged where I found them or if they came from elsewhere.
There is a little insulation missing from the back of the stove which I'll be replacing so the bits I found on the top may have come from there- but its impossible to say how much may have been carried off entirely.

There is an insulation piece -SUB 74006357 (INSULATION, WRAP) (Series 10) which looks like it may go on top of the stove- but it could just as easily belong inside the oven body which I haven't taken apart.

Does anyone know if the insulation wrap goes here: (see stove_top.jpg)
or inside the oven base?

Thanks for any help!:o
JenSed attached the following image(s):
stove_top.jpg
insulation_wrap.jpg
Admin / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:53:12 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Hard to say. I found three pieces: back, bottom, and wrap. I'm assuming wrap covers the top and sides.

No photos, and it will take about 2-3 weeks to get these:

back: Part Details - MAYTAG Insulation, back, part number: AP377608
bottom: Part Details - MAYTAG Insulation, bottom, part number: AP377607
wrap: Part Details - MAYTAG Insulation, wrap, part number: AP378114
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply