Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrtcontractor  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:30:23 AM(UTC)
mrtcontractor

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire side by side with icemaker. The refrigerator model is FRS26LF8CS7 and the icemaker will not fill with water to make ice. The water dispenser works fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:55:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Make sure the water feeding tube into the ice maker is clean.

Locate the water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator. Swap the wires between the ice maker and water dispenser solenoids. Push the water dispenser release and check if the ice maker got water.

If no, then the water inlet valve has to be replaced.

If yes, then the ice maker is the culprit.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP4298908
mrtcontractor  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:23:45 AM(UTC)
mrtcontractor

Thanks Gene for your help. I just want to confirm. When I switch the lines at the water valve and push for water at front of door and water goes into ice maker, then the ice maker is bad. If no water goes into icemaker than the water valve is bad. Thank you for your time and help.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:52:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: mrtcontractor Go to Quoted Post
...When I switch the lines at the water valve and push for water at front of door and water goes into ice maker, then the ice maker is bad...

Yes, that's right.

You are welcome and good luck. Keep us posted.

Gene.
baron310  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:31:14 PM(UTC)
baron310

Gene, I have the same problem- no water to the icemaker for the above mentioned model#. But there are three solenoids and two, the yellow & green, have a wire loop connecting them so when I take the connectors off of the brown solenoid (water in the door) which other one do I attach that one to? Yellow or green? I hope that make sense. When I attached the water (brown solenoid) to either one there was never any water to the ice maker. SO the water inlet is bad? Thanks for your help.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 1:40:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: baron310 Go to Quoted Post
Gene, I have the same problem- no water to the icemaker for the above mentioned model#. But there are three solenoids and two, the yellow & green, have a wire loop connecting them so when I take the connectors off of the brown solenoid (water in the door) which other one do I attach that one to? Yellow or green? I hope that make sense. When I attached the water (brown solenoid) to either one there was never any water to the ice maker. SO the water inlet is bad? Thanks for your help.

The brown solenoid provides water to the water filter while the yellow and green solenoids supply water for the ice maker and the dispenser. You have to swap the wires between the yellow and green solenoids.

Gene.
Dwyer27  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:48:49 PM(UTC)
Dwyer27

I have frigidaire as well model number FRS3R4EW4 the water dispenser works great but no water goin through the ice maker to make what is the problem any suggestions
dgrasser  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:07:05 PM(UTC)
dgrasser

The water to my ice maker was not shutting off. I needed to replace the double actuated valve. I think sometimes the valve is on when it fails (water won't stop) and sometimes it is off when it fails (no water will go through).

Even after I replaced the valve though, my problems weren't over. I also needed to thaw/remove the ice plug from inside the ramp/tube where the water pours into the ice maker, AND, the water frozen in the inlet end of the ice maker. If the tube is plugged with frozen water, then no water will be able to flow through. If the inlet to the ice tray is frozen, water will come down the tube, but will spash all over the place (most of it goes into the ice tray and some runs out the ice dispenser on the front of the freezer).

Thaw out both of these spots with a hair dryer so that the water can run into your ice maker.

Good luck.
aka626  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 1:44:21 PM(UTC)
aka626

I tried swapping the water and ice solenoids. No water came out hen I press the lever but I have already replaced the water inlet valve. Any ideas?
SMLK  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:36:42 PM(UTC)
SMLK

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The brown solenoid provides water to the water filter while the yellow and green solenoids supply water for the ice maker and the dispenser. You have to swap the wires between the yellow and green solenoids.

Gene.

I have swapped the yellow and green solenoids and water did indeed fill the ice maker. However, how do I know I need a new ice maker and that the problem is not that the ice maker's half of the solenoid is broken, and that is why it works when I plug it into the water's half of the solenoid? In other words, if the yellow side is the ice maker side, and I plug the yellow cord into the green side and it works, how do I know the problem isn't that the yellow side is broken?