Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LarryRt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2010 2:00:19 PM(UTC)
LarryRt

Groups: Registered

I have a Speed Queen washer, Model AWM593L2. The washer was not spinning the water out of the clothes very well for quite awhile - so finally I took the front panel off of the washer.

At this point I discovered that the idler spring (the larger spring #37366) was broken. My wife continued to use the washer without the spring, with just the problem of the clothes being a little extra wet - until I could get the spring. I replaced the spring, fixing the clothes being wet problem. The washer agitates better and even gets clothes cleaner than it has in a long time.

But now I have a new problem since replacing the spring. I have double-checked to be sure the spring is the correct one, I have checked the installation of the spring....

What happens now :eek: is on extra large loads, during agitation, we get a small amount of water coming up and over the tub and leaving a small puddle on the front of the floor. We have also noticed over time, but were not SURE, that it seems like the tub can be moved around more when empty (left to right, front to back, etc.) than it used to.

There are no broken tub springs at the bottom (there are 7 large springs), but could they be weak or stretched from years of use - allowing the tub to more more than normal? Maybe a tub cover gasket? I don't know - appreciate someone's input who maybe had the same problem????

Any advice would be good. Thanks a lot - Larry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

LarryRt  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:45:05 AM(UTC)
LarryRt

Originally Posted by: LarryRt Go to Quoted Post
I have a Speed Queen washer, Model AWM593L2. The washer was not spinning the water out of the clothes very well for quite awhile - so finally I took the front panel off of the washer.

At this point I discovered that the idler spring (the larger spring #37366) was broken. My wife continued to use the washer without the spring, with just the problem of the clothes being a little extra wet - until I could get the spring. I replaced the spring, fixing the clothes being wet problem. The washer agitates better and even gets clothes cleaner than it has in a long time.

But now I have a new problem since replacing the spring. I have double-checked to be sure the spring is the correct one, I have checked the installation of the spring....

What happens now :eek: is on extra large loads, during agitation, we get a small amount of water coming up and over the tub and leaving a small puddle on the front of the floor. We have also noticed over time, but were not SURE, that it seems like the tub can be moved around more when empty (left to right, front to back, etc.) than it used to.

There are no broken tub springs at the bottom (there are 7 large springs), but could they be weak or stretched from years of use - allowing the tub to more more than normal? Maybe a tub cover gasket? I don't know - appreciate someone's input who maybe had the same problem????

Any advice would be good. Thanks a lot - Larry

Any help out there?
LarryRt  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 2:55:35 PM(UTC)
LarryRt

Wow, another dead forum. Oh well
SusanaTheConqueress  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:36:53 PM(UTC)
SusanaTheConqueress

Larry,

I have the same washing machine as you - bought it new at the old Helig-Meyers in 1995, or so.
After a repair, Nov 2009, I had the same issue.
My go-around "fix" for the issue was to move the water level selector to "Medium" - (We'd always left it at "Extra Large" - the setting immediately prior to "ReSet" and had some trouble actually getting it to budge up to Medium after 1.5 decades of being left alone in "Extra Large" position). Still, with some gentle persistence, eventually we were able to move the water level selector up to "Medium" without breaking it - or anything - (We were _worried_ while doing it, (since it was so "stiff"), that we _would_ "break something", but no - all is fine.
And, since doing that minor "fix" the washer worked without spilling a drop of water anywhere, ever.
I hope this helps!
Originally Posted by: LarryRt Go to Quoted Post
Any help out there?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply