Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobn  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:28:11 AM(UTC)
bobn

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile dishwasher (model #GSD4930X73WW) that has recently begun displaying the code PF in the display. It is intermittent, but more frequently lately, to the point where I never know if I’ll even get a display to appear. Sometimes its a totally nonfunctioning display, sometimes it shows “PF”. When PF appears, I can do a reset and things seem to work (though sometimes it stops in mid-cycle). But then it’s random as to whether or not anything will illuminate in the display. The circuit breaker never trips. Any thoughts how to fix?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bambiblaster  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:56:10 PM(UTC)
bambiblaster

Groups: Senior Expert

PF would be a power failure.. as in unit lost power to the control.. Check the power connection box at bottom left side and ensure wire nuts are good and tight..
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 10:01:58 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
"PF" means power failure. The first thing I would check is proper connection at the power outlet.

Remove the bottom panel and check how the power cord is connected to the dishwasher.

If there is nothing wrong then check the door switch, the wire harness and the last thing is the power board board.

Gene.
Chuck Allen  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:10:32 AM(UTC)
Chuck Allen

What I found on my GE profile was that when I mpressede the LED display the washer would cut off. Step 1 remove power to prevent man electrical shock this is a must do !!! Second step remove the inside dishwasher panel held on by 7 screws and remove the locking knob to gain access to thee LED panel remove the outer conector first then use a flat tip common screwdriver to pry open the panel then you will see another srip that is connected to the panel. You have to pull the tabs back to remove the wire strip. Once removed remove the two screws that secure the LED circuit board once removed check the back of the display for corrossion I found that mine was where the first outer connector was on the circuit board. I used a small common straight tip screwdriver to remove the build up between the soildering once you can see between all the soildering reassembly the dishwasher and reconnect power and restart your dishwasher as you normally would. I am not an expert just an aviation avionics Technition with an extensive electrical background. I hope this helps you out it is cheaper to do it yourself and these steps are not that difficult once you get involved the task. It does have some basic mechanical and electrical talent to do this type of maintenance. I hope that tyhis helps you out Chuck Allen ccajr13@hotmail.com
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:28:24 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
THANK YOU, CHUCK ALLEN! I have been fighting this for years. I've always been able to finish the load one way or another. However over the last year it has been getting worse. I think humidity had also gotten to the latch interlock switches because I also had to play with the latch sometimes to get it to turn on. I finally got around to replacing those last week, but I still had it cut out with the dreaded PF code. I was hesitant to break into the display panel because I didn't really know what I would be looling for, and I'm not good at soldering. Thank you.....all I needed was a nudge from you to just do it. I just used my thumbnail to scratch the corrosion from between the solder points. I sprayed all the connections and the spot i had cleaned (actually between 4 solder points) and wiped off the wire ribbon before reconnecting. Not only did it make through a whole load without stopping, but the display displayed more info....things I had forgotten were missing. Thanks again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply