Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dozija  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2010 7:49:08 AM(UTC)
dozija

Groups: Registered

I had both ovens going the other day. After ending the bake cycles, the panel just went dead! Black! If I open the oven doors, the lights turn on. If I push the start button I get a dit daaaa dit dit dit sound. But other than that, no action. I turned off the breaker box to try to "reboot" it, but no go. Nothing. I hope there is something easy to fix that I am overlooking. I've never had problems with my ovens before! Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 5:48:35 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD306PDT14 30" Built - in Electric Double Oven Self - Clean Upper and Lower Ovens | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD306PDT14 30" Built - in Electric Double Oven Self - Clean Upper and Lower Ovens | AppliancePartsPros.com

And a manual
https://secured.whirlpoo...524e76/$FILE/8178007.pdf

Could be the control board transformer thermal fuse is blown, see page 3-2 in the manual.
Unplug the unit and check it with a meter.
If OK
Check the transformer windings
Note that is always safer to try and find the fault with the power off as 240 volts is lethal.
If OK
Check that the transformer is getting power should be 120 volts on the primary. Check that the voltage suppressor is OK.
Check that the transformers secondary is putting out voltage, I beleive it is 24 volts AC.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ms.nita  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:04:51 AM(UTC)
ms.nita

My oven has the very same problem. I was told the control panel needs to be replaced, but that part is not available and on back order! I'm thinking that is a widespread problem. My oven is about 7 years old.
ms.nita  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:44:33 PM(UTC)
ms.nita

Originally Posted by: ms.nita Go to Quoted Post
My oven has the very same problem. I was told the control panel needs to be replaced, but that part is not available and on back order! I'm thinking that is a widespread problem. My oven is about 7 years old.

Just found out from whirlpool today, they no longer make the part I need! Now I need a new oven....it won't be a whirlpool! :mad:
Rafasan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:40:52 PM(UTC)
Rafasan

I have the Whirlpool Double Oven and the control panel went out after 4 or 5 years. It has now gone out again. And it's not cheap!! Can't believe it. Must a design flaw in this model cause others have reported the same thing.
denman  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:05:47 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Rafasan

Are you sure it is the control board or has it blown the thermal fuse that kills power to the board?
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Rafasan  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:52:29 AM(UTC)
Rafasan

yes, I checked the fuse and it's fine.
Hacksaw77  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:17:45 AM(UTC)
Hacksaw77

Mine did this before. Left the power off for a while and when power came back on it was fine. It has been 2 years since then and it just went out again. Same issues, light works, beeps when you touch buttons. I will try leaving power off for an hour like before.
jimslax  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 7:36:06 PM(UTC)
jimslax

I have had the same problem with my oven shutting down, then coming back to life for no reason. I just noticed this week that it has been back up for the past week and the only thing I can think of that has changed is the humidity has been high for the past week. It is still lit up as I write this and this has not happened for longer than a day or two for the past year. I will be checking on this for a while to see if it is the humidity that is affecting this, and if so, will be doing something to make the humidity high around the oven.
ortis  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:22:02 AM(UTC)
ortis

Originally Posted by: dozija Go to Quoted Post
I had both ovens going the other day. After ending the bake cycles, the panel just went dead! Black! If I open the oven doors, the lights turn on. If I push the start button I get a dit daaaa dit dit dit sound. But other than that, no action. I turned off the breaker box to try to "reboot" it, but no go. Nothing. I hope there is something easy to fix that I am overlooking. I've never had problems with my ovens before! Thanks in advance for any help.

WE were cooking same thing happened as you, we get no oven light, no codes or sound?
:confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply