Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmtgraphics  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:56:29 AM(UTC)
kmtgraphics

Groups: Registered

I have a Hotpoint fridge that all of a sudden started freezing liquids in the fridge and the freezer is freezing really bad. Originally the fridge was warm, I did the tests and found the defrost thermostat was bad and replaced. Now everything is freezing in the fridge. I move the temp switch either way and no change.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:44:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There is a window between the freezer and the fresh food compartment with a gate. The fresh food compartment cools down with the cold air coming through this window.

There are two knobs to control temperature in both sections. With the right knob you operating the thermostat and when you turn the left one - you should open or close this gate to let more or less of cold air into the fresh food compartment.

Looks like this window is completely open. Also possible the thermostat (or the temperature control) is not working properly.

- The part number for the temperature control is AP2061661

Here are the break down diagrams for the Hotpoint refrigerator Model CTX21EKCR

Gene.

P.S. You have to wait about 24 hrs after every temperature adjustment to see a result.