Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbos  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 2:51:03 PM(UTC)
jbos

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have read several threads on freezer/fridge cooling problems that seem to be similar to the problems mine is having, however I have been unable to find anything specific to my model, and have been unable to find an electrical schematic anywhere.
The compressor and condenser/fan are working fine, but the evap fan is not running, resulting in a warmer than usual freezer and fridge. From reading previous threads, I suspect fan motor/board issues, but not sure if the fan is wired into the defrost circuit, where as a bad heater could be causing the problem. I'm not even 100% sure if the unit isn't stuck in the defrost mode,and the heater just isn't working.
I'm an IC&E guy by trade, but can not do squat with these harnesses w/o a schematic.
Any troubleshooting tips, or address to find a schematic would be greatly appretiated. Do parts pros carry fan motors and boards for this model?

Thanks for any help.
jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jbos  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:29:35 PM(UTC)
jbos

I have found the following while troubleshooting the problem described above:
Defrost heater good - 23 ohms
Checked voltage at evap fan harness pins:
13 vdc @ r/w
0 vdc @ y/w

I looked at the fan connector voltages based on a previous post describing a fan check procedure, but I'm not sure if this is same on my unit.
If these are correct points to check on this fridge, would it be correc to suspect bad board, or possibly bad thyristor? I'm not sure though if these are in the fan circuit, or not?

Hope this helps narrow down the possibilities some. Thanks,
Jim
richappy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:54:17 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The second "sticky" article in this section will give you all the info you need, basically replace both motherboard and evaporator motor/thermistor.
Part # AP3950129 and P# AP3191003
jbos  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 8:25:37 PM(UTC)
jbos

Thanks for the reply.
I just wanted to verify that this is the thermistor located on the upper evap coil?
I now also have to replace the thermistor/sensor located at the bottom of the compartment, because I noticed a cut on the insulation and discoloration around the base, so I snipped it off to test it. Is this a thermistor (thermal fuse), or a sensor...I never could get it to open..tried ice and a hair dryer. I assume it should be ok to butt splice in the new with some sealant?
Are these thermistors / sensors polarity sensitive?

Hopefully, I can get the parts ordered tomorrow, and will post the results when done.
Thanks for the help.
Jim
richappy  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 3:05:39 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
No, all thermistors are non-polar. Hope you found the South Jersey data sheet helpful.