Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
william1475  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2008 10:14:00 AM(UTC)
william1475

Groups: Registered

Before completing it's cycle, the dishwasher stopped working and started beeping. After opening the door and re-closing, the washer still beeped and flashed. We tried re-set and shut the unit off for 30 minutes. No change. The "normal" light continues to flash and unit does not respond.

A GE repairman came out and without even opening the control panel, told my wife the entire control panel needed replacement. After hearing $400, we passed and paid for the service call.

Is it possible there could be a sequencer or timer issue causing this and the entire unit may not need to be replaced? Is it something an untrained person like myself can repair?

Any help would be appreciated

Bill
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 7:29:53 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Use your model # and order the electronic module for your dishwasher, probability is good that will fix it. You might want to pull the kick panel off and check the service sheet for info on this problem. Sometimes the service sheet is tucked in the side of the dishwasher, just look for it.
If the clean lite ever flashes seven times, that's a computer re-set problem, easy to fix.
ace68iou1  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 7:03:41 PM(UTC)
ace68iou1

usually it just means that the ground wire is disconnected from underneath the washer.turn off the breaker to eliminate power.take off the bottom panel and make sure the green wire is securely connected to the bare ground wire.use a wire nut if possible yellow is preferred size.:)
Randy828  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 8:15:26 PM(UTC)
Randy828

I had a GE Triton dishwasher that was doing the same thing. The appliance was grounded properly. I shut off power at the breaker, then turned it back on- still the same problem. Then I took the door apart and unhooked all the wires from the control panel, then put everything back together and it works. It's been over a month now and it still works great. I'm not exactly sure what was wrong, maybe just a loose wire somewhere, but so far so good and it didn't cost me a penny.
jwhitjr  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:16:36 AM(UTC)
jwhitjr

I too had a blinking light on my GE dishwasher. Out of the clear blue it blinked on the "normal" setting. I would hit the start/reset, it would make a noise, beep but always go back to normal and blink. In investigating possible fixes on the boards I came upon that many GE dishwashers made in the last 10 years had a recall. Possible fire hazard due to leaking Jet Dry. GE would either repair it or give you $ on a replacement. See the GE website for model numbers.
I decided on repair thinking the repair might fix my problem. It did not. But the repair guy told me that I would definitely need a new sequencer. Mine cost about $85. GE wanted $159 to install one during the visit. Remove 2 screws and 2 pull out banks of wires. Be careful, there is a lever underneath the bottom of the sequencer that needs to go back in place just so. The repair man said the the sequencer has a life expectency of 8-10 years. My unit was almost 10 years old . . . and did I mention that the repair man had to come out twice because GE sent me the wrong part for the recall and they come directly to the customer from GE. To get to my door panel, I needed to remove 6 screws, lock the back side of the panel back in place and work on the front part of the door panel. Part of the wiring he replaced went to the sequencer unit.

My sequencer unit was in such demand that the local GE driver, parts WH or other GE repair guy's didn't have any in stock, the Sears Parts WH didn't have it and another major parts WD only had one, which I scarfed up quick. This should do the trick. Good luck, worked for me!
anappliancedummy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:41:21 AM(UTC)
anappliancedummy

My GE dishwasher started beeping during a wash cycle and the "Normal" light started to blink. I tried cut power at the circuit breaker and after resume power the next morning it still blinks and continues the wash cycle indefinitely. (Tried reset button too, no use.) I opened up the door, the ground wire and all connectors seem OK - no sign of corrosion. The black rubber mat above the soap cup arm had sagged and blocked it from fully opening the cup. Could this be the problem? Is it necessary to have these black rubber mats in place (part numbers listed below)? Thanks!

Noise Damper with Adhesive Backing
Part Number: PS259751

Mastic Door

Part Number: PS1481837
RaceME99  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:47:53 AM(UTC)
RaceME99

Started dishwasher before leaving to run an errand. When I came home it was beeping and flashing. Pushed buttons trying to get it to work without any success. Then I found the combination. :confused: I opened the door and beeping stopped. Found the center spray head was being obstructed so I clear the obstruction. Closed the door and held down the START/RESET button for 5-10 seconds...heard it reset/beep.....then opened the door back up and swung the soap cup open and shut and then closed the door and hit START once and it was back to normal again?????? No expensive repair bill....whew!
anappliancedummy  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:09:11 AM(UTC)
anappliancedummy

Originally Posted by: anappliancedummy Go to Quoted Post
My GE dishwasher started beeping during a wash cycle and the "Normal" light started to blink. I tried cut power at the circuit breaker and after resume power the next morning it still blinks and continues the wash cycle indefinitely. (Tried reset button too, no use.) I opened up the door, the ground wire and all connectors seem OK - no sign of corrosion. The black rubber mat above the soap cup arm had sagged and blocked it from fully opening the cup. Could this be the problem? Is it necessary to have these black rubber mats in place (part numbers listed below)? Thanks!

Noise Damper with Adhesive Backing
Part Number: PS259751

Mastic Door

Part Number: PS1481837

Update: I eventually replaced the computer and it's been working fine since. ~$120.
TrekGirl  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:21:17 PM(UTC)
TrekGirl

Originally Posted by: RaceME99 Go to Quoted Post
Started dishwasher before leaving to run an errand. When I came home it was beeping and flashing. Pushed buttons trying to get it to work without any success. Then I found the combination. :confused: I opened the door and beeping stopped. Found the center spray head was being obstructed so I clear the obstruction. Closed the door and held down the START/RESET button for 5-10 seconds...heard it reset/beep.....then opened the door back up and swung the soap cup open and shut and then closed the door and hit START once and it was back to normal again?????? No expensive repair bill....whew!

I had the same issue. The "normal wash" light started blinking and the machine started beeping. When I opened the door, a utensil had fallen into the bottom of the dishwasher. I removed it and closed the door. The start/reset button was flashing, so I held it down for a few seconds. After a few more seconds, the machine finished its cycle.
cragers67  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2016 10:12:29 AM(UTC)
cragers67

Originally Posted by: Randy828 Go to Quoted Post
I had a GE Triton dishwasher that was doing the same thing. The appliance was grounded properly. I shut off power at the breaker, then turned it back on- still the same problem. Then I took the door apart and unhooked all the wires from the control panel, then put everything back together and it works. It's been over a month now and it still works great. I'm not exactly sure what was wrong, maybe just a loose wire somewhere, but so far so good and it didn't cost me a penny.

> Thank you for spending the time to share with the rest of us on your simple repair. I did the same diagnosing of my GE triton dishwasher and came up blank. read your form and did the same-its been working well ever since. keep up the good work and saving me some cash! yes I know its only time to it fails again! cragers67