Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
target8  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:49:08 AM(UTC)
target8

Groups: Registered

I had to replace the bake element, as the previous one had an arc at the connection (melted the right angle F connector). I re-cut the connector wire (took about 2 inches off) and put on a new connector. Previously, this wire was looped in the housing. I believe this was done both due to length, and also to remove any wire tension (would spring back into housing if not held). Due to the shorter wire, I did not put the wire in a loop. In addition, I could not find a right angle F Connector, and instead used a straight F connector. Thus, the wire stuck out of the housing without any tendency to spring into the housing. The result was that when I pushed the element back into place, there was enough tension on the wire to make it bend back at the F connector (towards the element and down). The re-installed bake element worked afterwards. The question: do I need to worry about anything here? Not sure if the lack of wire tension is necessary to prevent a break in the connection due to vibrations, or wearing through the protective cover on the wire. This could be a simple answer of "if you hook it up and it works, you're fine". However, I just want to be sure that I don't have a significant electrical issue 3 months from now. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.