Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jacksloth  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:25:00 PM(UTC)
jacksloth

Groups: Registered

The bake element went out. Would only heat up to 155 or so and then stay there. The digital display (clock, temp etc) worked. Last night I turned off the breaker to remove the element. This morning I installed the new element and turned the breaker back on. Now the digital display is dark (not dim). The control panel works. I am able to have it bake, broil etc. Yes, element works fine now. But no display. I have looked at the service manual and tried some different tests, but display always stays dark so I have no idea what any readouts are. I turned off the breaker, unplugged the power cord for about 20 minutes. Plugged back in and turned breaker on. No luck.

After reading lots of post regarding fading displays and seeing the common response is the control panel unit, I am skeptical mine has this problem. There was no dimming or indication of a problem with the display prior to replacing the element. Sure it could be coinicidence. My question is how could turning the breaker off overnight and replacing the element cause this?

Any ideas?

BTW I am not an electrician nor a technician so keep that in mind when answering.

Thanks you very much everyone.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jacksloth  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:27:17 AM(UTC)
jacksloth

Groups: Registered

The unit was never disassembled. All I did was remove the tray hiding the element - 2 screws. Replace the element −3 screws. Now I'm screwed.

Following your idea though, where would this connection be? I was working inside the oven. The control unit is up top. Would all of the buttons still work in this case?
denman  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:55:12 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JER8885QCS Range - F/s Std Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com
Note the above is for a QCS not the CQS you gave.

Here is a service manual and a tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16025644.pdf
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16027224.pdf

All I can suggest is that you unplug the unit and check the wiring at the back.
Also disconnect/reconnect the connectors at the control board.
Check them for any visible problems.
P4 on the board goes to the elements perhaps it is loose or has pulled something else loose.

Note that I think this is a long shot as the board is working and as far as I know there is not a seperate power input to the board that just runs the display. But I do not have the actual board schematics so perhaps Pin 4 on Plug 4 (L1) is used for this.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!