Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keoki  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 2:08:48 PM(UTC)
keoki

Groups: Registered

I have a SHY66C06UC Bosch dishwasher (about 2 years old). Just recently, the water stopped draining. All wash cycles will countdown to zero and stop normally but with water still remaining on the bottom of the washer. This problem appears to happen only when the water is hot. After the wash cycle is done, and wait until the water cools down and do a "cancel drain", the water will drain. If I do a "cancel drain" when the water is hot, it will not drain. The "rinse & hold" performs normally with the water draining (probably because water is not hot). During a wash cycle, I can hear the drain pump but do not see any water draining into the garbage disposal. The pump sounds similar as to when the water drains on a "rinse & hold" and "cancel drain" (cold water). I have checked the exposed hoses (to/from air gap) for blockage, filters, and pump impeller... all checked to be okay.
Before I pull out the washer to check the behind drain hose and/or remove the control board for a visual check, can you tell me if you have ever encountered this problem or what you suspect might be wrong. I'm thinking maybe after 2 years the drain hose in the back of the washer has become less rigid and softens when the water is hot preventing the water from flowing. When cold water is draining, the water is not really gushing out into the disposal. Should it be?
I would be very much grateful and appreciate any information you can provide
Thank you very much!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.