Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doctorbonez  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 12:58:29 PM(UTC)
doctorbonez

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

My fridge runs (ie light goes on and compressor fan goes on, and i feel air blowing when i open the freezer, however there is no cooling whatsoever.

I figure something is amiss with the compressor.. I managed to remove the 'device' that sits adjacent to the compressor. This device has 2 wires coming out of it and plugs into 3 prongs coming out of the compressor.. It is secured inside a black plastic box by a spring retainer.

When I removed the device, it broke into multiple pieces, some plastic, some metal.. and some kind of ceramic wafer that had shattered into little peices. (im not sure if i shattered it while taking off this device). Can someone tell me what this part is (is it an overload protector/compressor relay?) and what i can replace it with? (ie: universal overload protector/compressor relay vs. universal hard start vs. or should i stick with a GE part?.. and where is the best place to find these items?)

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.