Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 3:51:23 PM(UTC)
johnr

Groups: Registered

I need a fuse part number G4AM1102. Where can I purchase one?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 3:07:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Where did you get this part number? It does not look like a valid Whirlpool part number.

What exactly is wrong with your dishwasher?

Gene.
johnr  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 3:20:46 PM(UTC)
johnr

Gene, I removed the part from my Kenmore Model Number: 665.17379301 . Tha is the number on the part I removed. John
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 3:41:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm assuming you are looking for the thermal fuse

UserPostedImage

- The part number for the thermal fuse is AP3178588

Gene.
johnr  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 4:18:52 PM(UTC)
johnr

Thank you Gene, I was able to find the descrete component part number G4A01098C for $1.26. I will need to solder it into the holder, but I feel confident I have the correcly rated part. Thanks, John
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 7:30:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Be very careful soldering it. This is a thermal fuse with about 100°C or less temperature.

Gene.
JasonParker  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 9:15:08 PM(UTC)
JasonParker

JohnR,

I too have a blown G4AM1102. I see you traced the fuse itself and saved some dough. Can you tell me where you found it? All the places I've checked so far have minimum orders far in excess of the $14.95 advertised by appliancepartspros.com.

Thanks,
-Jason
libertyappl  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:46:03 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

I wouldn't recommend the soldering solution made above, the part Gene suggested is the one approved for this dishwasher and the other one could possibly burn the guys house down if he's not careful! And that could cost him a lot more than $14.95 for using the correct part.
Nat
JasonParker  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:49:46 AM(UTC)
JasonParker

As an engineer, my second and fourth tendencies are to be conservative and safe, so any risk of fire should be carefully considered.

Gene's excellent advice, though, is aimed at not overheating the thermal fuse and destroying it. Since it's a safety cutoff device, a very real scenario is that the thermal fuse gets triggered open by the heat from soldering and the dishwasher doesn't work after going to the trouble of doing the repair. Gene seems to be trying to save John the frustration of wasting his time and having to go get another thermal fuse.

The thermal fuse manufacturer's datasheet does say that the fuse can become permanently closed again if it's exposed to temperatures greater than 140-C for an extended period of time. In short, if your sodlering skills aren't fairly well developed, don't attempt this repair. If you can solder, you're probably already familiar with the risk of cooking the soldered part and know to be crisp and fast with your work.

Anyone with concerns should call a qualified service technician.

In my case, the "stock" part isn't a direct replacement and comes with alot of doodads that aren't on my unit. It makes more sense to just replace the thermal fuse.

P.S. I found the part at a local electrical/electronics shop for a buck and change.