Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cbinder  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 6:09:25 PM(UTC)
cbinder

Groups: Registered

I just picked up a used Bosch SHU3006 dishwasher, and test ran it to see if it worked. What I found was that it runs through the wash cycle and gets stuck near the end of the wash cycle. The first 3/4 of the cycle it is about 93 degrees, and is drawing 1.3 amps or so. The last 1/4 of the cycle it goes up to 127 degrees, and draws 11 amps or so. It never will get up to the 155 degrees it is designed to, and consequently does not advance in the cycle. It is the style that has a dial, as well as a power scrub, regular wash and rinse and hold button. Any thoughts? Should I return it? It was $60 and is in nice condition, is is worth fixing and how?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SublimeMasterJW  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 8:04:12 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
BOSCH MANUAL

On page 15 is mentioned a ntc and heater removal or replacement. The ntc stands for negative temperature coefficient( hay I aint making this stuff up) The NTC is a thermister. It replaces a old school mercury bulb type control that regulates the temp. The brain constantly measures the voltage going through this sucker as the water temperature changes. Strong possibility this sucker is defective.
sbk101  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:52:38 AM(UTC)
sbk101

Groups: Registered

have you checked if this is a typical Bosch-stuck-in-cycle-not-getting-hot-enough problem? I am not sure if this model has a circuitboard-but if it does, check that for burnt out solder spot.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply