Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdotes  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:02:50 PM(UTC)
tdotes

Groups: Registered

Dryer making this loud rubbing noise - other things i've seen posted seem to indicate one or all of the following need to be replaced: drum felt, all 4 drum glides, rear drum bearing kit and front drum bearing.
i can see the drum glides are totally worn, the felt is old and no longer goes all the way around the front drum bearing and two spots on the front drum bearing are so worn that the glides are completely gone and i don't think new ones would even fit into the slots due to the wear.
seems obvious that i need the felt, glides and front drum bearing. anyone disagree?
lastly i removed the rear drum bearing and it doen't look to bad - how do i know if that must be replaced too?
i assume these are the repacement parts:
Front drum bearing - AP3790641
Dryer drum slide (2) - AP2041815
Slide, drum (2) - AP631382
Felt - AP4319934
if necessary: Bearing kit - AP2619300

Advice? thanks in advance tdotes
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.