Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
john.augustine  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 11:12:47 AM(UTC)
john.augustine

Groups: Registered

We have a GE Monogram dishwasher about 2.5.yrs old.

When running a load of dishes there is no leakage. However when you load the dishwasher and let's say a 1/4 cup of liquid is on the door... as you shut the door a small puddle of water forms right under the door about 5 inches in from the left side of the dishwasher. We wipe it up with a towel, but would like to have a permanent fix.

Thanks,
J
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:05:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Escutcheon & door assembly replacement parts for GE ZBD6880N00SS | AppliancePartsPros.com

However when you load the dishwasher and let's say a 1/4 cup of liquid is on the door... as you shut the door a small puddle of water forms right under the door about 5 inches in from the left side of the dishwasher.
Sorry I do not follow this at all.
Where is this 1/4 cup of liquid coming from?
I do not understand why there would be liquid on the top (inside) door panel when you open it up.
Also you say it is liquid. Could it be that it is rinse aide?
Could be that a seal for the rinse aid or vent is leaking during wash. The water then may collect inside the door, when you open the door it drains to the outside panel and drains out when you re-close then door.
I would also check the spray arms for a crack or a partially clogged hole which may be spraying the water out at a weird angle causing a problem.

Very weird.
I would open the door up to see what if anything is going on.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
john.augustine  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:53:04 PM(UTC)
john.augustine

Groups: Registered

When I load glasses or bowls into the upper rack.... milk, juice and other small amounts of liquids from the over turned cup or bowl end up on the open door. When I close the dishwasher door this liquid does not all stay in the dishwasher but instead leaks onto the floor.

I don't get any leaks while the dishwasher is being run...just from loading the dishwasher.

Hope this clarifies because I would love to find out how to fix this problem

Thanks
John
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:02:10 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sort of have me stumped.
I am assuming that the liquid runs down the door liner and then spills onto the floor instead of into the tub. You may want to check that this is what is happening.

If you look at the inner door liner Item 807 in Section 2 it looks like there is a peice that is angled back to towards the outside of the door at the bottom. Though it is not shown as a separate item perhaps this is missing or broken.

I would go to an appliance store and check out a unit in the store to see if there are any differences between a new unit and yours.

A digital camera may come in handy here as you can take pictures of yours and have them as a reference.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply