Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fixitboy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2024 1:06:24 PM(UTC)
fixitboy

Groups: Registered

I have a 20+ year old Neptune MAH5500B front-load washer.

• During the normal tumble cycle, the machine emits creaking, clicking, and groaning sounds, especially it seems when the motor reverses directions or starts up. The sound is not constant.

• When I did a "spin-test" there was clicking/creaking noise a couple of times a second at lower speeds (say below 400), but the noise subsided as the speed increased so that at high speeds the spin was as quiet and smooth as ever.

• The machine itself was not physically rocking or shaking at any speed and the drum spins smoothly by hand.

• When moving the drum by hand, I noticed that I could push the drum back about 2 inches, though it immediately springs back to the standard position. Not sure if this is normal.

• The test cycle completes without any error codes and again the creaking/clicking/groaning noise is only made during *some* of the low speed tumbling

Any idea what might be wrong?
Belt? Suspension/struts? Weights? Suspension?

Note I replaced the bearings with high quality waterproof Japanese bearings (about $50 a pair) a few years ago and until now it has worked flawlessly.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2024 2:35:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.