Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KSlank76  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2024 10:24:23 PM(UTC)
KSlank76

Groups: Registered
United States

Just picked up a used True GDM-26 display unit. I let it sit for 24hrs+ after hauling it home. When I plug it in I hear the compressor humming. I don't really know if it is running due to never having one before. The compressor bowl is warm to the touch. There is a fan at the bottom at the compressor that is not turning and there is a fan at the top of the unit that is not running. Both fans can be turned by hand. I've only let the unit run for about 2 minutes max fearing I could damage something more.

Should the fans run at all times when the compressor "should be running"? What should I look for here and what should be my next steps?

Thanks so much

Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

KSlank76  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2024 11:28:14 PM(UTC)
KSlank76

Groups: Registered
United States

I have more information.

I've ran the unit a little longer and it is cooling, the compressor is running. The fridge does start to cool off. The bottom fan that blows on the freon coils is not working though. This fan plugs into a box mounted to the unit, which is a normal 110v plug. I unplugged the fan and plugged it straight into an extension cord. It doesn't turn on. I hooked a normal shop fan into the box mounted on my True GDM 26, and when I turned on the power to the fridge, my shop fan comes on, but the compressor doesn't come on. So somehow this unit knows when it's fan isn't connected.

So basically I know the compressor works. The plug that the compressor fan plugs into works. I can plug my shop fan into this plug and it works, but the compressor then will not run.

What could be the disconnect between the plug that I know has power and the fan on this unit?

Thank you

Kevin
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply