Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobhucker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2024 7:59:46 AM(UTC)
bobhucker

Groups: Registered

I have a 3-year-old Frigidaire model FRSS2623AS0 refrigerator. There is a small leak -- or maybe just condensation -- where the ice maker fill tube goes through the cabinet at the top right in the back of the refrigerator.

There is a green tube that supplies water from the bottom of the refrigerator to the fill tube at the top right, outside the cabinet in the back. The leak is not where the green tube is attached to the white fill tube with a screw fitting. It is just beyond that.

The white fill tube is wrapped with black foam at the point where it enters the freezer. The tube is secured to the cabinet with a screw. This black foam insulation is wet -- possibly from water that escapes as the ice maker fills the trough-like tube or possibly because the foam is cold and moisture in the air condenses on the foam.

I replaced the fill tube. The old one seemed to have nothing wrong with it other than the black foam being scrunched up a bit. The new tube has similar foam.

With the old tube installed, there was a tiny leak that could cause a drop or two of water to run part of the way down the green tube and also would make the attachment screw rust. With the new tube installed (for less than a day so far) I have not seen or felt a drop on the green tube, but I can feel a little water on the black foam.

I am wondering if this black foam, which doesn't provide a good seal between the freezer and the outside cabinet, is just a bad design by Frigidaire or if some other technique would eliminate the leaking or condensation.

What do you suggest?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.