Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thompsdw  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2024 7:34:54 AM(UTC)
thompsdw

Groups: Registered
United States

We have an 06ish Fisher Parkel drawer dishwasher DS603i in my RV that decided to quit working over winter. Powers up, no problem. But the drawer will not lock into place as normal. I can hold the lock button and the lock light turns sold red, but I do not hear the normal noise when the drawer locks. I assume this is a permissive for the dishwasher to run as well.

I assume the latch mechanism is bad, but not sure. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2024 9:10:50 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thompsdw, thank you for your question. This could potentially be a control or a lid actuator 522085 failure. To test this, voltage to the lid actuator motor would need to be tested for 24 Volts DC. If there is voltage present when the unit is activated, but the lid does not close, the actuator would need to be replaced.
thompsdw  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2024 10:56:30 AM(UTC)
thompsdw

United States

Ok, thank you. So just so I am clear, I am looking to ensure that the actuator is powered when the power button is depressed (that is when it locks) by putting a voltmeter on the removed plug prongs? So, if it is powered then the actuator is likely bad? Does it make sense that 2 actuators would fail at the same time?

If not that, I assume you mean a bad control board? Can you give me the part number for that in case I need it?

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2024 4:29:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WilliamM/APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2024 6:09:56 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

United States

It is very likely to be a main control issue. However, the control 528397HUSP for the model provided is discontinued and no longer available. To ensure it is not a happenstance that both actuators have failed, testing would be the best way to go.
thompsdw  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2024 8:56:58 AM(UTC)
thompsdw

United States

Ok, so I went ahead and ordered the actuators because they were a free return on Amazon. The company send me a 519328P control board instead. OMG. That is kinda funny. There is NO chance that more recent control boards would work with my dishwasher? I will still do the actuator test prior! Could it potentially damage the new control board to try?
WilliamM/APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2024 12:16:54 PM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

United States

Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not show a compatible substitute for the control. There is always a chance that an incompatible control could be damaged when installed onto an appliance that has different components than what the control is rated for.
thompsdw  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2024 2:19:42 PM(UTC)
thompsdw

United States

William,

Well, you will never believe it. It's working again! For now .......

I disassembled per a video I found on the internet. Everything went just fine. My actuators appear to be an older model. I took one apart. It was a PITA. It didn't have a plug, it had a plastic case with clips. The motor came on (right side) when we flipped the breaker on. The left side did not extend normally, I was popping. I later found out this was because mine are adjustable and somehow the left was beyond the travel of the worm gear on the small motor. Because I disassembled the right one, I am not sure it was engaged or not. So I put the actuator back together and reinstalled both of them. The only thing I wasn't sure about is to what height to adjust the arm that attached to the side lid carriers. So I guessed a bit and put everything back together. It didn't work while apart, but when back together it worked normally. I ran a rise cycle to make sure the lid was closing tightly and everything functioned normally. I am assuming that the controller senses when the small motor amps start to change and determines full open or closed. I have no idea how the actuator screws backed out of the worm gear.

So here is my final questions. I now know the controller is all good. Should I proactively change the actuators (given their low cost) to ensure the same problem doesn't resurface? Are the newer actuators adjustable or fixed? It looks like the new actuator will work on my machine, but the wires are soldered directly to the motor in my case? I would need a pigtail plug to connect to power in my case. Do the newer actuators come with that?

Edited by user Monday, June 24, 2024 5:26:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified