Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2024 5:28:38 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
After my repair man came to fix my dryer and installed a new blower wheel, my dryer had restricted airflow, would no longer collect lint, and moisture droplets would build up in the dryer and on the glass door. I called him and he said the vent must be obstructed with lint. I cleaned out the entire vent, and it did not have much lint in it. It did have a lot of water in the silver flexible thing that connects to the vent which I did empty. Could the repair man have installed the blower wheel incorrectly which caused an obstruction to the airflow.? With the dryer running, You really cannot feel the air coming through the outside vent. The silver flexible thing is not kinked either. Thank you for any advice.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2024 4:32:41 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

This may be a dumb thing to even suggest but did the repair person install the wrong blower wheel ? These wheels are made to run either clockwise or counterclock wise. Using the wrong one will still fit but the airflow is reduced considerably. I found this out after I ordered the wrong p/n item for my dryer. If you still have the old one take a look at it and you can see what the difference is in the way it turns and pushes air out .
WilliamM/APP Team  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2024 1:02:20 PM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
If there is no obstruction at all, it is very likely that the blower wheel could be the wrong one or, depending on the type of wheel, could have been installed backward.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2024 5:41:01 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

The repair person installed the blower wheel. He has been doing repairs for 30 years so I hate to question his skills but I can’t think of what else it could be if the vents aren’t clogged. Thanks for your help!!