Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2024 3:29:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The above model dryer was given to me for possible repair. The unit is s/n M24743748 and will not shut off when it is supposed to at the end of a cycle. The timer is an INVENSYS model W10185976E. The timer was opened up and at least 2 of the contact arms for terminal A and B have burned at the contact points and repair is doubtful due to the severity of the burn of the tips. I have another timer from the same supplier but of a p/n W10436308 A. It also has the same problem area so use of this timer is not going to work as an alternate. I have a lot of older Maytag timers but the connections are not anywhere the same.These are rugged and IMO a better design than the INVENSYS design. If anyone has some info on connection wiring to use one of the alternate Maytag timers which are typically a MAYTAG model M460. The biggest problem is the supply voltage for the timer motor on the original is 230 volt as compared to the Maytag which is 110 Volt. The original unit uses 2 modular plugs one of which is a 4 pin and the other is a 3 pin. The Maytag type I would like to use has individual connectors. IF anyone has a suggestion as to a rewire I would really appreciate hearing from you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2024 5:54:25 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
We would only be able to recommend replacing the timer with the OEM replacement W11043389 to ensure it operates within the proper parameters of the design of the dryer.
#3 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2024 4:39:59 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It appears there are 2 different types of this timer available. The original in this machine is a 7 pin with 4 pins in one connector and 3 pins in the other connector. An alternate timer I have looked at and tried uses the 2 different modular connector plugs but it also has 3 more connector pins that are not used. The inside arrangement does not use the extra 3 pins. I presume the extra 3 pins are for another model dryer with some additional cycles or functions ? Any other comments or info from you techs ?
WilliamM/APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2024 1:10:40 PM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Unfortunately, available information shows only one timer associated with the part number W11043389 and it has a 4-terminal set, a 3-terminal set, and then three more terminals on the opposite side of the timer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply