Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2024 1:13:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ok, I'll begin by stating I cannot say 100 % that I have the correct model number. The tag bearing that info has worn off...I have cross referenced enough of known part numbers to guess that it is a medc400vw. The drum doesn't turn. When I got to where I should've had a broken belt in my hands, I didn't. The belt was still intact. However, the idler pulley was laying on the bottom plate of the dryer. It seems to be in working order, which brings me to my problem. I cannot for the life of me figure out how it goes back together, or if I should even try. There's a reason it's not engaged with the belt...my guess is a stretched belt. I need some guidance, my wife wants to know if this is the beginning of the end and we should buy another dryer or if it's worth the effort to repair.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2024 1:24:28 PM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thank you for your question. It is possible that the belt WPW10198086 may have stretched or the idler pulley may have worn enough for the belt to move out of position. The following link can be used to view how to connect the belt back on. If the belt does not get enough tension, it has stretched out and would need to be replaced. https://www.appliancepar...-ap6010582.html#autoplay
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2024 6:36:39 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The belts used on almost all dryers usally dont stretch but they wear out due to grooves wearing or cracks . There are generally 2 widths in use with the older dryers using a slightly wider belt . Newer dryers use a narrower belt and the length varies but usually there is about an inch difference in length. The skinny belts dont last as long as the wider ones.