Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gefixin  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2024 2:01:39 PM(UTC)
gefixin

Groups: Registered
United States

Model: GTWS8650D0WS

1. Loud grinding noise when agitating.

Seems to happen when reversing the spin direction. I've watched several videos for different models where the culprit was the clutch. Very likely the same general issue here too. The problem is - looking at the parts diagram for my washer, it is not the same clutch/drive assembly arrangement. And I can't find any repair video for my model (or similar).

2. How can I remove the agitator plate/impeller (to clean underneath it)?

3. A couple of years ago, for some time (not long, mind you) wife used powder detergent. She did not know that she's not supposed to until the washer leaked all over the laundry room. Many self cleaning runs later and switching back to liquid detergent and the washer never leaked again. A few weeks ago though after a pretty aggressive shake (uneven loads do that sometimes), a chunk of old that powder detergent somehow got in the tub. A couple of inches long and perhaps an inch and a half wide with a consistency of chalk (or bar of soap). No idea how and where from it got there, given the size.

It got me thinking - where can/should I get to perhaps scrub and clean buildup?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.