Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
glenn55  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2024 3:33:32 PM(UTC)
glenn55

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello folks

My 9 year old Samsung Gas dryer DV36J4000GW/A3 will not turn on. I don't mean it won't dry, I mean the control panel won't light up.

I switched plugs with the washer. and the washer turns on and the dryer still doesn't, so I know outlet is not the issue.

I took the front panel off, and took out the circuit board and tested the power button with a meter, and the power button is working.

Someone suggested the door switch could be bad. However, this model will turn on whether the door is open or closed so the door switch wouldn't keep it from powering on.

What should I look for next?

P.S. I can see that the belt is still on, so I am pretty sure the belt switch isn't turning the dryer off. I'm not even sure if a broken belt kills all power to the entire dryer or not.

This is the part that's difficult, no one seems to know which parts will let a dryer turn on but not heat, and which parts basically make the dryer appear totally dead.

Thank you for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2024 7:30:06 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Glenn55, thank you for your question. The user interface can be tested for DC voltage to identify if it is a user control or a main control failure. At the user interface, the connection CN4 can be tested for DC voltage using a meter with needle probes. From the wire at pin 5, there should be 5 Volts DC when testing to pin 4 and 15 Volts DC when testing to pin 6. If voltage is present, the user interface DC92-00737B has failed. If this is the case, unfortunately, the manufacturer has discontinued the part and it is no longer available.
glenn55  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2024 9:15:54 AM(UTC)
glenn55

United States

did you mean if 'no' voltage is present? in which case the main control board is bad?

I tested the user interface and there is no voltage to it. If this means the main control board is failed I can see there are some available, I will order one.
WilliamM/APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2024 7:28:08 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
As there is no voltage present, the main control DC92-00669B would be the cause of failure. However, if voltage had been present, the user control would have been the issue.
glenn55  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2024 6:05:23 PM(UTC)
glenn55

United States

update

I received the new main control board, swapped it with the old one, and now the dryer is functioning normally.

Thank you for the advice, William M.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply