Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MochaFiend  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2024 3:21:56 PM(UTC)
MochaFiend

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Kenmore over/under freezer refrigerator.

About a month ago I found some water in the fridge and found that it was caused by ice buildup under the plastic platform in the freezer.

I clear the drain hole that was covered in ice, and poured at least a cup of water into the hole to ensure that it was flowing normally.

The problem has returned, but I can't figure out why.

The coils have no frost on them at all, so I don't think it's the heating element. That also kind of rules out the thermostat, which I did test for continuity and it was fine.

What else could be causing the drain hole to clog like this?

Here is a photo that shows the state of things after I chipped the ice out. You can see that everything looks pretty normal (yes, I had pulled the wires down to test the continuity; they are back where they belong now).

I'm running out of things to check. Any suggestions? I have about a month before the problem returns, so hopefully can get a handle on it before the problem returns.

Inside Freezer - No Ice Or Frost On Coils
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.