Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VinRenzi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2024 6:26:11 AM(UTC)
VinRenzi

Groups: Registered

My Kitchenaid KSSC48QMS02 freezer temperature is causing over temperature light to come on. The temperature is changing from its setpoint of 3 degrees to sometime as high as 20 degrees. The over temperature light comes on from time to time. The refrigerator temperature seems to hold steady at its setpoint of 37 degrees. I have cleaned the coils. No weird noises. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jason O  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2024 8:19:33 AM(UTC)
Jason O

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, Just curious if the temp inside the freezer is what you are seeing on the display. The freezer thermister could be out of spec. Also you need to actually put some eyeballs on the evaporator to check for full frost pattern or ice blocking air flow.
VinRenzi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2024 6:01:23 AM(UTC)
VinRenzi

Groups: Registered

I will put a thermometer in the freezer and compare to display. Where is the evaporator? The refrigerator shuts down from time to time and I hear a drip coming from the collection pan, I believe. When it is dripping, about once every 10 seconds and I open the refrigerator door, the drip sound is much more prominent.

Thanks for your feed back.