Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2024 1:59:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello everybody. And thank you for your help in advance. I have a Maytag centennial washer model MVWC565FW1. It is not spinning at all. I have followed many YouTube videos, ran through the calibration process many times. The error code is showing an error for the shifter actuator. So I went ahead and installed the new shifter actuator. I noticed the capacitor contacts were super rusty so I put a new capacitor in as well. But still when running through calibration, the motor only attempts to spin once in which case it makes a buzzing sound, and eventually, it throws up an error code for the shifter actuator again. The shifter actuator is working, because during calibration it does make the switches. I can spin the center agitator by hand on its own before it shifts over and then it spins the whole basket. I’ve tried my best to isolate the problem itself but the motor does not want to spin. It seems rare that the motors go bad, but this is a used machine that I bought from a random person. I took the pulley belt off of the driveshaft just to see what the motor would do. And same thing happens when I’m running the calibration or the automatic test function. rather than spin multiple times like I have seen in other peoples videos, the motor will spin just for a second and that’s it. When I removed the pulley belt just to isolate the motor, the pulley attached to the motor will spin, but again only for one second. When I have watched other peoples calibration videos, after a few seconds of starting it the motor seems to spin quite a few times. Then it shifts over and will spin consistently for a few seconds. is it possible that the motor is bad? I don’t know why it’s giving me a shift actuator error code when I installed the new shifter and the shifter is working. When I started troubleshooting the machine, it seems that a mouse chewed through two wires on the harness going through the shifter actuator, but I repaired those and again the shifter actuator seems to be doing its job. I really can’t afford a new machine , but I am at my end with this one.

Just to summarize my rant, it seems no matter what calibration, auto test, or cycle I try, the motor will spin just for a second and that’s it. New shift or actuator, new capacitor, all wiring and looks good. I really appreciate the help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.