Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2024 6:24:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer Series 80 (Model 110.72812101) that seems to be running too hot. I cleaned out all the lint in the unit and exhaust line. It fires up and runs but does not appear to be cycling. I tested the cycling thermostat and it opens at 155F and recloses when cooler. The high temp thermostat shuts down the dryer after about 10-15 minutes. I had previously (5-10 years ago) replaced the solenoid coils but assume that they would fail closed (no gas). Could the coils fail open when hot? Could there be a problem with the control panel electronics? Really need some direction as my wife expects me to fix the beast again. Thanks. Mark
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MarkTheFixer  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2024 8:56:34 AM(UTC)
MarkTheFixer

Groups: Registered
United States

This is MarkTheFixer who posted this topic as a "guest". I wanted to added a note to say that I watched a recent load in the dryer and it DID cut off the gas at one point (cycling thermostat working?) but subsequently shut off without a buzzer and before the end of the cycle....
WilliamM/APP Team  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2024 6:11:04 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Does the dryer start back up immediately or does it have to cool down before it will restart? If it starts immediately after stopping, it is possible that the failure could be in the timer WPW3976576 contacts or cam.