Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
donl1150  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2024 5:04:55 AM(UTC)
donl1150

Groups: Registered
United States

In Nov 2023, we moved into this house. Shortly thereafter, the ice maker would stop producing ice. Then after a few days, it would simply start up again. That has continued now into March and now it seems it has 'passed away'. I know the refrigerator is 20 years old but don't want to spend $2-5,000 right now for a new one. (had to furnish this house first). Is there a control board unit that needs replacement or simply a whole new unit? If so, where might I find a place to get one? Thank you all.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2024 10:36:41 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Donl1150, the freezer temperature would need to be checked with a thermometer to make sure it is reaching the correct temperature. If it is, the next step would be testing the ice maker for 120VAC from the black wire to the white wire. If there is voltage present, the ice maker has failed and would need to be replaced if the ice maker does not go into a harvest and the bottom switch is in the on position. https://www.appliancepar...w11546935-ap7019172.html
donl1150  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2024 5:08:19 PM(UTC)
donl1150

Groups: Registered
United States

The freezer temp is -1. So that is good. The link for a replacement doesn't seem to be a fit for my WRS325SDHB08. Can you verify?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply