Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 29, 2024 12:36:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The dishwasher will operate with the door shut, but it allows steam vapor to escape from the upper edge and condenses on the countertop and controls. The water leaks down the sides of the dishwasher. I have approximately a quarter inch of play on the right side of the dishwasher door and a little less on the left. Just wondering if there’s anyone out there that might have seen this before and what they did to correct the issue. I have changed the door gasket and door latch in an attempt to fix the problem, but no luck so far. I applied a carpenter’s clamp on the top of the door and that stopped the leaks. The door strike is not the problem, it looks just fine. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2024 6:49:52 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
The door will need to be inspected for any warps. Based on the information provided, this is going to be the most likely cause of failure.
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2024 3:54:04 PM(UTC)

United States

I will check the door tomorrow morning and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary. I know that there’s no visible signs of damage, but I levels and framing squares to check the door. Thanks for your input.
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2024 5:55:24 PM(UTC)

United States

I checked the dishwasher door and couldn’t find anything out of level or warped. I had previously checked the gasket clearance with a piece of paper and it was gapped all along the top of the dishwasher door. After checking the door, I noticed that the gap seemed to be less than before. I checked the clearance again with the paper and found that the paper was being held between the door and gasket. We tried a quick wash cycle and had no leaks. We’re going to try it again tomorrow and do a normal wash cycle. I don’t know what changed but it seems to be working fine now. I will let you know how things go after tomorrow’s test.
#5 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2024 10:57:22 AM(UTC)

United States

We did a full wash cycle with the dishwasher and absolutely no leaks. I have no idea what caused the leak problem but it appears to have gone away. I will continue to monitor the operation for a few days before reinstalling the dishwasher back in the cabinet. Hopefully, we’ll get a few more years out of it.