Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2024 7:29:00 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi, I have a speed queen top load washer from year 2013. It has been randomly squeaking during rinse and spin cycle. I replaced the belt and pulley about a year ago so wouldn’t think that is issue. Here is video of noise. Thanks in advance for help.

https://youtube.com/shor...Ggw8?si=Wi0PqKTa1zSq0dZs
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2024 8:14:05 AM(UTC)

United States

I have a load Speed Queen washer with model number AWNE82SP113TW01 and s/n 1712931767 That has the same noise/problem. I need some suggestions as to the cause or problem and corrective action. The unit makes the noise even if there are no in the basket.
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2024 8:15:48 AM(UTC)

United States

The last sentence should read no clothes in the basket
#4 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2024 10:01:01 AM(UTC)

United States

I removed the motor/pump assembly from the bottom of the washer and found the belt was worn slightly but not severe. The motor shows signs of some heat at the side -not severe but the belt and motor are going to be replaced and see if the problem improves. The belt is p/n 38174 according to info I can find. The motor is a 1/2 HP size and a spare unit of the same configuration in good condition is being used. The pump was examined and nothing was found inside to clog it or prevent it from turning properly. It will be reused.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2024 10:55:54 AM(UTC)

United States

A call was placed to the Speed Queen care phone number regarding this unit and they suggest the plastic helix on the bottom of the pulley be replaced . Also they suggest the pulley it self also be replaced. When the helix on the bottom of the pulley stack is removed an extra washer be added on the top side presumably to add to the preload on the helix when it is engaged at the start of the spin when the noise (rat tat tat)z occurs. As this is a difficult place to get at I may defer it and take the whole unit to my local dealer for this repair. The helix is p/n 38008 and a washer is p/n 27015. If a new puylley is needed it is p/n 204486 .
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2024 10:38:35 AM(UTC)

United States

I have put a reply on the Speed Queen entry relating to the noise at the belt area. The problem was the plastic helix gear p/n 38008 on the underside of the pulley. I replaced it and the problem was corrected.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply