Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bill the cat  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2023 9:29:20 AM(UTC)
bill the cat

Groups: Registered
United States

Just today, I noticed that my Kenmore model 417.88052700 dryer is thumping when drying clothes. The clothes are drying properly and not getting stuck. If all clothing is removed from the dryer and the drum is spun by hand, the thump is still present, cyclical in nature as in it makes the thump every revolution.

Any suggestions to repair this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by user Saturday, December 9, 2023 9:30:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2023 7:20:26 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have posted an entry a few weeks ago about the same problem on a Kenmore dryer. I am still trying to figure out the cause of this problem . Take a look at my entry on this same subject and let me know if you have found any cause.
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2023 8:44:01 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

I took this unit apart one more time and changed out one of the drum support rollers. My computer is too old to add the pictures here but if you want to see the difference send me an e=mail that shows the difference of the original and a replacement. It worked to reduce the thumping noise. My e-mail address is as follows: jaybird @ @mtco.com
bill the cat  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2023 10:32:44 AM(UTC)
bill the cat

Groups: Registered
United States

My dryer has a single shaft / bearing in the rear of the drum. There are no drum support rollers whatsoever. The only roller is on the tensioner.

Thanks.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 4:37:43 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

I have never seen a Kenmore of this type with the single bearing support for the rear end of the drum. This is typical of a GE dryer not a Kenmore. My repair fix would not help you although the rear bearing is probably the cause of the noise. The front of the drum on the GE design is a plastic ring type that the drum slides on which I dont like and is a PITA to change. That may also be worn out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply