Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tryingmybest  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2023 4:40:47 PM(UTC)
tryingmybest

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi all,

As my user name implies, DIY is definitely not my strong suit, but I am trying my best. Our Whirlpool dryer WED7500VW1 decided that it didn’t want to turn on anymore a couple of weeks ago. My wife is definitely the handier one when it comes to repairs, but the whole electrical bit has scared her off, so it’s up to me!

I kept reading references to a “thermal fuse,” but couldn’t find one in the official parts list. So, I bought a multimeter and learned how to do a continuity check. Our outlet and the two thermostats by the heating element all check out. I learned from this excellent if rather old post[ on this site that there IS no thermal fuse, but one of the thermostats has a reset button. I didn’t notice the button the first time, so I’ll dig back there again and try it. But if it passed the continuity test, I don’t think that will be the answer?

Here is the old post:
https://forum.appliancep...posts&t=548238&=

The post also mentions that there “are two other thermostats on the blower housing. The operating thermostat and another safety thermostat.” Now, these other two thermostats don’t seem to be on the parts list, and to be honest, I have no idea where the blower housing is (or what it is), so if anyone could shove me in the right direction, I should would appreciate it!

I am a part-time teacher, so I definitely can’t afford a professional. And it should be the landlord anyway, but I am tired of asking. Between my wife and I and our daughter, we literally have clothes piled to the ceiling, as we can only wash what we can hang in the bathroom! So any advice would be appreciated.

Respect to all you real DIYers!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.