Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kwamp61  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2023 10:58:25 AM(UTC)
kwamp61

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello I have had an issue with my KitchenAid KDRS483VSS03 oven for about 5 months.

Because I live outside of KitchenAid service area I have been using Sears Repair to attempt to fix the oven which is about 10 years old. I am not the original owner. It worked fine for almost 2 years while we were living here.

The problem started after attempting to clean the Left Oven. We smelled a transistor/component burning smell. After that the oven no longer moves past preheat.

Sears Tech has replaced multiple components then swapped into the working large oven when possible to verify the part is good. Each time the Left oven did not heat and the right oven worked fine with the replacement parts.

Parts List:
Bottom Front Control Board 3X no change
Thermister on back of oven
LED Control Panel Top front of oven
Left Oven Latch
Temp sensor inside Left Oven
Broil Element left oven
Red/White Wire checked for continuity between Left Oven hidden bake element and Control Board.

I was told by the Technician that the oven preheats via switching between all three elements Bake/Broil/Convection. He believes that the Broil element does not switch to the Convection element which then causes a shutdown?

Each component seems to work individually for about a minute or so then shuts down.
IE Bake: Floor of oven gets very warm almost hot. When set to Broil, Element will get red hot but then you can hear a noise in the oven and the Broil element shuts down/off. Conv fan runs

Tech shared with me Left Oven Left Oven Start for Diag mode. The message we get is:
Status L/D MOD ID 0101 AM04 UI01 EEKE0-251. Now when setting the Left Oven to clean the latch locks but after the 3:30 hr mode an oven latch error still pops up.

It sure was neat having two ovens until 1 broke. Only way to fill a 48 inch wide opening is fix this one as I cannot afford a new one.

I would appreciate any help/feedback/suggestions

Thanks
Kwamp61 (Kevin)

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.