Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fallman237  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2023 2:22:06 PM(UTC)
fallman237

Groups: Registered
United States

Model Number
GS2SHAXMS00

Brand
Whirlpool

I bought my condo in 2019. It has what appears to be the original refrigerator that came with the unit when it was built new in 2003. Today, that puts the refrigerator at 20 years old which is amazing!

The one problem I have, which I have had since I moved in 2019, is that whenever I use the water and/or ice in the door, within a day or two the refrigerator shuts off and fails to cool. This first happened when I moved in and resulted in ice melting in the door and leaking onto my brand new wood floors (no damage, but I wasn’t happy). I unplugged the refrigerator waited a short time and plugged it back in and the compressor immediately turned on and everything worked fine. A couple of days later it happened again. Unplugging and replugging the refrigerator fixed the problem, but after that, I turned the water off, activated the child lockout for the dispensers, and turned off the ice maker.

I purchased a Britta water pitcher and a set of old-fashioned ice cube trays, and the problem has not happened in the last three years.

Thinking that the issue might be related to the icemaker, I left the icemaker off and started using the water dispenser recently. The problem came back within a day, and after unplugging and replugging the refrigerator. It happened a second time.

I have scoured the Internet as well as I can think and I haven’t found any solution. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.