Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Invertalon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2023 2:17:07 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My GE Cafe gas range has been having an intermittent issue the past few months, and I am trying to figure out what to buy/replace to fix the issue.

Basically, let's say I turn the oven on "Bake" to 350F for example... It may preheat in just a few short minutes and signal that its at 350F... When in reality, it might be actually just 200F... Then I simply turn off the bake and turn it right back on again to the same temperature, and now the screen will display the correct temperature (say, 200F) and the oven will now preheat up to the actual value listed. Confirmed by an oven thermometer. Or instead of switching it off, I can just put it on convection bake, broil, etc... The back to my desired bake mode/temperature.

Another relating issue is if I try to use "Proof" mode... It will sometimes not even allow it, even if the oven was completely off, saying it's too warm. Again, not every time... But the oven at times thinks its warmer than it really is.

Outside of having to play the "switch the bake mode to something else and back again", the oven operates at the proper temperature. And again, it's not every time, it's intermittent.

Is this the thermostat, some other thermal sensor or does this a new touch board assembly replacement? Something else entirely?

Anybody familiar have any suggestions on where to begin tackling this fix?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.