Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Find a fix  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2023 4:03:34 AM(UTC)
Find a fix

Groups: Registered
United States

This past Monday, 9/18/23, the ice cream in our freezer was soft. Items were removed from blocking airflow to the airfilter inside the refrigerator. The freezer temperature was reduced a degree, 24 hours passed with no change to the ice cream. The temperature was reduce another degree, and again no change in temperature. The dust and dog hair was vacuumed from the heat exchanger underneath the refrigerator, the next morning still no change. The refrigerator was pulled out, and the fan at the back of it could be seen to be operating. The Sears Technician scheduled for yesterday didn't show up, so in the evening I accessed and took pictures of the evaporator at the back of the freezer. The ice that had built up around a wire connection was melted with a hair dryer, and the evaporator fan blades could be spun by hand. But when the breaker was turned back on the evaporator fan didn't turn on.

How do test the evaporator fan electrically? How do I post the pictures that I took?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.