Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2023 5:31:59 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I recently acquired the above model Whirlpool washer with s/n CJ0735507 with a problem in the spin portion of a cycle. The was tub wobbles a lot and will actually bang against the side of the housing. There are 3 large springs on the underside of the wash tub to stabilize it and all 3 are not broken and in place. One appears to be stretched as compared to the other 2 however. Does any one have any suggestions as to the cause and a remedy for this problem ? HELP !!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 11:49:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
After reviewing a video on repair of this type of machine it was noted that a spring was missing between the tub carrier base and the tub. It is a spring about 6 inches long and about .75 inches in diameter with a hook on each end. I found one in my junk box and installed in the appropriate holes. This made a little improvement but not much to the knock/wobble of the tub basket in the spin portion of a cycle. Next I put some thick foam board inside the outer shell hoping it would stop the noise/wobble of the tub . I only put it on one side at least so far but it did not stop the problem. Unless I can come up with some other remedy I will scrap it. If anyone has some other suggestions I am eagerly hoping to hear from someone.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply