Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brettjknotts  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2023 10:49:26 AM(UTC)
brettjknotts

Groups: Registered
United States

I have an old Whirlpool direct drive washer that will not advance to the spin cycles throughout the wash. It started when it stopped agitating and spinning and wouldn't stop the cycle after it got on the last spin cycle. I replaced the transmission and it seemed to work great. Then the clothes starting coming out really wet. I found that after the wash cycle, the motor would run but it would not spin until I opened and closed the lid. The pump works fine and drains the water. I replaced the lid switch, but it didn't fix the problem. I then replaced the timer and it fixed the ending cycle, but did not fix moving through the spin cycles. I then replaced the clutch and then the brake assembly. So, everything is new from the motor to the agitator along with the lid switch and timer. I also cleaned all the parts and checked for any clothing stuck around/under the tub. The washer will advance to the next cycle when I open the lid and close it. Again, I have replaced the lid switch. Not sure where to go next. I am going to bypass the lid switch and see if I have some bad wiring somewhere.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.