Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daveh839  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2023 11:36:45 AM(UTC)
Daveh839

Groups: Registered

Hi - I'm looking for help on next steps to troubleshoot an ice dispenser that is not dispensing ice. I have already replaced the auger motor, that did not fix the issue. The actuator is functioning to some extent because the ice shoot door opens when the actuator is pressed, however the auger does not start spinning after the ice shoot door opens. So my thought is that the issue is probably not the actuator switch since the door opens, unless the switch as an additional circuit to start the auger motor once the door opens. I'm stuck at that point, and I'm wondering if the ice dispenser motherboard could fail for just the single operation of turning the auger motor on, if the actuator switch could actually be the problem, or if there are other issues that could be causing the ice not to dispense. All other components are working fine, meaning water dispenses correctly, the fridge makes ice, lights come on, etc. The only problem appears to be that the auger motor doesn't turn the auger, which is why I took the chance to change the auger motor as a first stab at the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.