Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
1of10inMD  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2023 9:34:04 AM(UTC)
1of10inMD

Groups: Registered
United States

Our 6-month-old LG Dishwasher (model LDFN4542b) has a vent fan to help with drying - for the last 30 minutes, it vents out of an opening at the bottom of the door. Recently, we've seen excess moisture at the TOP of the unit, actually damaging our laminate counter somewhat. The control panel has also acted erratically, like it's shorting out, which is odd since it's potted in clear adhesive. Yesterday it turned off several times during the drying cycle, eventually finishing if I kept hitting start.

Today I took the front cover off - the vent tube that goes down to the bottom of the door also has some holes on the right side of it - this is perhaps a pressure-balancing feature or backup venting method if the bottom holes are blocked. The soft insulation on the door panel normally sits up tight to these side openings.

I ran a full cycle with a washcloth taped over the hole to simulate the door insulation - when it hit the drying cycle, if I removed the washcloth, most of the moist air came out of the side hole. With it more tightly covering the holes, the moist air came out the bottom of the vent as desired.

Has anybody else ever seen this? It seems to me it's going to damage all the circuitry in the door. Any advice on how to proceed? I'm tempted to block the side holes more, but also don't want to cause the vent fan undue wear since it will have a higher pressure to blow into.

Edited by user Monday, May 1, 2023 9:35:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.