Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kScottk  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2023 10:00:12 AM(UTC)
kScottk

Groups: Registered
United States

Washer purchased July of 2016 so it's almost 7 years old.

1. The washer makes noise while getting up to speed. Once it's at speed for the spin, it does so smoothly and without the noise. Agitation also seems perfectly normal/quiet. Spinning the drum by hand doesn't reveal any grinding noise, either. I ordered a belt to replace since that's easy and I was going to be in there doing a visual inspection anyway. I cleaned up the faces of the 2 pulleys and put the new belt on. There was no debris or particles to suggest the plastic on the clutch was wearing. In general, we think certain aspects of the noise are better with the new belt, but not gone. The old belt didn't look too bad, visually.

2. I'm not sure if this one's abnormal. When draining, the pump sounds normal, but it gets loud at the end. I pulled the outlet hose off the pump and didn't feel anything in there. And it seems the noise would be constant if there was. After the draining cycle is when the first noise noted above starts, while it's getting up to speed for the spin. I did find, and listen to, GE's library of washer sounds online, which is a great idea on their part.

I have some video clips but not sure how to share them. New guy.

I can repair, but need help with the diagnosis.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.