Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drmoose00  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 7:09:47 PM(UTC)
drmoose00

Groups: Registered
United States

Just wondering if anyone has some knowledge about Miele ovens. There is a stunning lack of anything on the web (as I can find). I have an oven that seemed to be taking long to preheat. We had this problem once before and a tech came out and replaced a couple of bad elements. So today I cleaned the oven, pulled it out, took the back off and checked the continuity of the lower element. It was fine. I put the oven back, and did a diagnostic test on all the elements. They all heated up (lower, upper, broil, and convect). I reinstalled the oven and maybe it heated a bit faster. Just did a check and it took 20min+ to get to 300degrees. A bot long, but I suppose not excessive. Maybe something I did (cleaning?) helped it out.

Anyway, just wondering a few things. First, does anyone have a sense if that is normal preheat time?

Second, how the heck do you replace the lower heating element? It is somewhat hard to describe, but after I took the back panel off, the lower heating element connection was sitting right at the bottom ~left. The element ran through a small metal plate which is how it is mounted on the back. There was one screw in that plate - remove it and you can pull the element back about 1 inch, but the hole is small - about 2"x1", so then of course the size of the element prevents it from being pulled back out that hole. So...one would think, oh there must be access in the front, or bottom, but the element has that plate permanently attached to it (which covers that 2"x1" hole). So there is no way that element could be pulled into the oven either (as I can figure anyway). anyone have any experience with this?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.